We are seeking high calibre Graduate Software Developers to join the GCD team in 2022. Kickstart your career by working alongside our creative developers and designers on great digital projects, for great clients.
Say goodbye to Uni and come kick start your software development career with us here at GCD. If you’re passionate about software engineering; if you want the opportunity to get hands-on experience across all stages of the software development process or if you get a buzz at getting to see your work being used by real users for some of Northern Ireland’s biggest brands………then GCD is the place for you!
We’re seeking talented graduate software developers to join our full stack project delivery teams in 2022 in building custom web software for our clients across a diverse range of industries and sectors. We create a wide range of innovative and valuable solutions, including agri-food production software, charitable donation platforms, online classifieds sites, self service customer portals, bespoke CMS and workflow tools and mobile driven surveying apps.
A job with GCD kickstarts your career by exposing you to a wide variety of projects and a modern tech stack using TypeScript, React and NestJS. At the same time you will be surrounded with support from some truly great developers.
GCD was formed in 1999 by our two founders, in their student accommodation in Queen’s University, Belfast. It was a time of dial up internet, Netscape browsers and Napster. People didn’t ‘google’ things, smartphones didn’t exist and business software was grey and dreary.
Our ambition back then was (and still is) to create better software for businesses; to replace those ‘grey’ out of the box digital solutions, that barely work and are a pain to use, with beautifully designed custom software products and platforms that help businesses innovate, compete and win.
How we work
Behind our software solutions is a close-knit team of dedicated, ambitious engineers, thinkers and inventors. We love what we do – imagining, designing and building custom software solutions and apps that defy expectations and deliver results for our clients.
Everyone at GCD has been working remotely for the past year, in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and we very much miss seeing each other in ‘real life’. We are genuinely looking forward to the day that we can have in-person chats and work together again at the office. Our plans however are to continue to embrace and offer a flexible approach to working, affording our staff the choice to work from where they feel they will be most productive, whether that’s at home, in the office or a blend of both.
At GCD you will be trusted with four key responsibilities:
In each of these areas you’ll learn responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness; traits we expect in all our developers. We are building a team who:
- Build high performance, secure applications with the very best of user experiences in mind.
- Respect their teammates by ensuring they test their own work to a high standard; create unit and automated tests wherever possible and develop a methodical approach to testing your own user interfaces.
- Are ready to share the load and help those who need it.
- Love learning, are curious and always growing their skills and experience.
- Foster a deep knowledge of software development patterns so they can apply them without thinking.
- Learn about software security to make sure they build software that protects customer data.
- Develop a depth of understanding in computer science, programming theory and software security.
- Understand the commercial context of their work and write good documentation.
Interested? Have a quick review of the below ‘must haves’ for applying. If you meet the requirements, we’d love to hear from you.
- at least one years experience in a hands on software development role
- completed a relevant third level IT qualification by Summer 2022
- high confidence in your programming ability
- experience of working as part of a collaborative team
- evidence of contributing to personal or open source projects, or demonstrate significant investment of time in personal development
- be a critical thinker and natural problem solver
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- be eligible to live and work in the UK without restrictions
To apply, hit the Apply Now button or send your CV to email@example.com.