What a year 2023 has been, from AI taking over the world (or so it feels), to our Connecting the Dots 2023 event and all the exciting bits in between, it’s been interesting! We have lots of exciting plans in 2024 but before then it’s always good to take the time to reflect on the year gone by.
Connecting the Dots 2023
For the first time, we took two days to bring our staff together offsite, to reconnect with talks, training and team building.
GCD has grown over the last few years and how we work has changed, so it was a brilliant opportunity for everyone to come together in person.
GCD in the News
We’re so proud of our team, who have excelled in 2023 with award nominations and taking the tech industry by storm with great talks and insights.
🏆 Winner of Project of the Year at the UK Dev Awards 2023
🏆 Winner of Remote Working Initiative of the Year at the UK Dev Awards 2023
🏆 Digital Campaign of the Year for Cash For Kids at the 2023 Charity Times Awards
- Finalist in Digital Innovation Project of the Year at the Digital DNA Awards
- Highly Commended Small Company of the Year 2023 at the Digital DNA Awards
- Finalist for Digital for Good Award The Spiders Awards
- Finalist for Best Corporate Wellness Programme at the NI Health & Fitness Awards
- Our Senior Engineer, Steph, presented at Women Techmakers Belfast Conference, with her talk “Documentation avoidance – the struggle is real, but success depends on it.”
- Our MD, Andrew, spoke at Digital DNA 2023 – “Beyond the Hype: Navigating the Impact of AI in Business.”
Networking & Events
The year saw the team attend a packed calendar of events, including Digital DNA, the NI Chamber Festival of Business, and for the first time we became a Supplier for the Meet the Buyer series.
But the highlight of our event calendar has to be Web Summit 2023. Some of the team were lucky to travel to Lisbon to enjoy a jam-packed schedule of talks from industry leaders full of full of insights and thought provoking ideas about the future of tech.
Product Design Sprint
We understand how difficult it can be to digitally transform your business.
Getting team buy-in and unlocking budget are just some of the problems we see time and time again, which is why we created the GCD Product Design Sprint!
It’s a collaborative process, taking place over a number of weeks, that will deep dive into your specific business need, bring your team together, and validate a solution that will drive your business forward.
Want to know more? We’ve created a Guide that will take you through the process and the outcomes you can expect, have a look.
If you’ve any questions, or would like to have a chat with the team, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GCD and Our Community
Giving back to our community is a huge part of GCD’s culture, this year we’ve raised over £3000 for our selected charities.
- The team organised a raffle with lots of great prizes for local animal rescue charity, Almost Home Animal Rescue NI.
- We donated and packed essential back to school items for Portadown Cares‘s Schoolbag Appeal that helped hundreds of local children and families.
- In support Mourne Mountain Rescue Team, we combined our love of gaming with our passion for fundraising in a 24 hour gameathon.
- ASCERT Christmas Hampers left the office last week, thanks to the team for gathering much needed items to support those who need them most during this festive period.
- It’s become a yearly GCD tradition to donate to local charity, Cash for Kids, and their Mission Christmas appeal. They provide Christmas presents for children throughout Northern Ireland, who would otherwise be receiving nothing from Santa. GCD have purchased a range of gifts for those who need them most this Christmas.
Christmas Opening Hours
We’re almost done, just two things left to say…
The GCD team will soon be heading off for a well deserved rest, some festive fun and plenty of food, which means our office will be closed for the holidays from 5pm on Friday 22nd December and will reopen on Tuesday 2nd January at 9am!
And finally, we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and thank you once again for your support. We look forward to working with you in 2024!
All the best,