Senior Software Engineer
We're seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in building custom, complex solutions for our great and varied range of clients. Working within a full end-to-end team, we guarantee you the opportunity to develop your career and work on projects that are both enjoyable and rewarding.
At GCD, we love what we do – imagining, designing and building custom software solutions that defy expectations and deliver results for our clients.
Behind our software solutions is a team of dedicated, ambitious engineers, thinkers and inventors.
Our team is close-knit. We take responsibility, make decisions quickly and encourage product ownership. Challenging convention is what we do best.
When we’re not working you can usually find us gaming, enjoying a decent cup of coffee and discussing all things software related.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build robust, loosely coupled, fully tested works of engineering while showing junior members how to follow suit.
- Work within the team to create, develop and build robust, resilient custom software solutions.
- With a customer-centric approach, research, consider and implement new technologies that help improve how we deliver custom solutions.
- Proactively contribute to a team culture that values challenges convention, promotes robustness and delivers more.
- Mentor junior staff and work with peers to foster our culture; challenging and encouraging for the benefit of all.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the software industry.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for quality, robust solutions.
- Desire to keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and practices, constantly challenging convention and your own understanding.
- Experience of having built large software systems in Java, Kotlin, C# or similar HLL.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Good to have:
- Evidence of contribution to a personal or open source project.
- Evidence of taking a leadership role in a technical team.
- Client facing experience.
In return, we will offer you:
- A great salary plus bonus
- Generous annual leave (with Christmas week off)
- Private medical cover
- A company pension
- Flexible working
- Your choice of working equipment
- Personal development and training plans
- A free and limitless supply of tea, really good pod coffee and fresh fruit
- Ice cream every Friday
- Regular social events – gaming nights, family BBQs, paintballing…
- An annual weekend trip away