PHP Software Engineer
We have a strong need for a Software Engineer with an excellent knowledge of PHP and the LAMP technology stack. As part of a full end-to-end team, you'll work across a wide variety of projects, developing great software and web platforms for some of Northern Ireland's most well known companies.
We design and build great software. We have great clients. We have a great team.
We want to add to this, a great PHP Software Developer.
No rockstars, ninjas or gods needed here. If you’re experienced, hardworking and up for a challenge, you’ll fit right in.
We believe that a good Developer is language agnostic. This is important to us as we use a wide variety of technologies and strongly believe in the right tool for the right job. Currently we have a strong need for a Software Engineer with an excellent working knowledge of PHP and the LAMP technology stack.
As a PHP Developer with gcd you will help develop and bring into production a wide range of projects for some of Northern Ireland’s most well known companies, as well as some truly global brands. You will work as part of a full end-to-end team on every project, including Designers, fellow Developers, Project Managers and Support Engineers. You will be responsible for the development of great software and web platforms and you will genuinely be given projects that are both enjoyable and rewarding.
Our team is close-knit. We make decisions quickly. We encourage product ownership. Everybody contributes.
We would like you to have:
- A strong understanding of PHP and the LAMP technology stack
- Commercial or self taught knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Experience in unit testing and TDD
- An understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and quality
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK (essential criteria)
It would be good if you have:
- A good understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience in automated browser testing
- Previous experience with Docker
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Evidence of contribution to a personal or open source project
- Previously worked in a software house
Ultimately though, we care as much about the person you are and the potential you show,
as the list of skills you have. If you say ‘yes’ to all the above, great. Please do get in contact. If you say ‘no’ to some, but are smart, self-motivated and willing to push yourself, then we would also love to hear from you.
In return, we will offer you
- A great salary plus bonus
- Generous annual leave (with Christmas week off)
- Private medical cover
- A company pension
- Flexible working
- Your choice of working equipment
- Personal development and training plans
- A free and limitless supply of tea, really good pod coffee and fresh fruit
- Ice cream every Friday
- Regular social events – gaming nights, family BBQs, paintballing…
- An annual weekend trip away