Is Pay Per Click for you?
5th June 2013
Pay Per Click (PPC) is a form of search engine marketing where the advertiser bids to appear on search engine results pages, but only pays when someone clicks their ad. PPC allows you to bypass competition for a spot on the first page of Google results. It is one of the most effective ways of boosting traffic to your website in a short space of time.
PPC is particularly suitable if:
- You want to increase your website’s traffic in a short space of time
- You want to increase your company’s online exposure in a short space of time
- You want to find out which keywords will convert
- You want to test different messages and landing paths
- You want to attract attention to a specific promotion, product or event
As you can see, PPC can be a fast and effective way of getting attention online. However if your campaign isn’t carefully managed or if it doesn’t lead to conversions, it can be very costly. It’s therefore worth considering hiring a professional to help you set up and/or manage your PPC account.
Because of the costs involved in running a PPC campaign, many companies use it as a short term strategy while they are building their organic traffic with search engine optimisation. SEO and PPC campaigns can work hand in hand to help you enhance your online presence and gain sustainable traffic.